Have you ever tried to solve a math problem and didn’t know what the heck you were doing? How about trying to distinguish between parallelism and anaphora? Yes, some of you may know these answers, but many get a little confused and don’t know how to ask for help. Don’t struggle and get frustrated. Try DoD’s FREE tutoring services for military members and eligible family members.
The Department of Defense (DoD) has funded a program that allows active duty military members and grades K-12 dependent children to connect to a live tutor online. Services are available 24/7, for one-to-one anonymous help with homework, test prep, proofreading and more.
Benefits of the Tutoring Service:
- DoD’s tutoring program provides online tutor services with a live expert to help with more than 40 college subjects, in all skill levels.
- Tutors can help with subjects like English, algebra, physics, and world languages. They can also help with test prep and writing projects like research papers and creative essays.
- It’s FREE! The tutoring program provides a safe and anonymous learning environment for military students and eligible K-12 dependents.
- Tutors can help students prepare for the SAT, ACT and other standardized college tests.
- Access for military students is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week and with no appointment necessary.
- Tutors are available every day of the year except January 1, July 4, U.S. Thanksgiving Day and December 25.
More than 10,000 sessions were used by military members in November 2016. The most popular session topics are English, math (algebra, calculus, statistics), science and accounting. DoD and DANTES continue to receive positive feedback from the military members that are using the service too. Here’s what one student said about his math tutoring experience,
“I just want to say thanks for the free session for military members. It’s really hard for some of us to complete our education and sometimes we have to teach ourselves… things like this really are a blessing from the other things going on in our lives … I really appreciate it. Great services. Thank you.”
Does this sound good to you? Get the help you need to get better grades! Why wait? Create an account today and start taking advantage of this no-cost program for active duty military students and their eligible K-12 dependents. If you are in school or have children who need help, create an account and start your tutoring sessions, go to http://military.tutor.com/home.
Other articles that discuss the benefits of Tutoring:
Latest posts by Michelle Alexander (see all)
- Looking for a better grade? DoD’s Tutoring Services can help - December 27, 2016
- Why is Credentialing Important? - November 21, 2016
- Certificate Programs that Leverage your Military Training - November 16, 2016