In the military, you had the courage to do a lot of new things, and eventually you’ll be finding the courage to pursue a different career path. It takes commitment and drive to retrain and head into a new profession. Stay focused and know that DANTES can help you move forward when you’re ready for college and the steps necessary to transition. The Online Academic Skills Course (OASC), College Placement Skills Training (CPST), and Distance Learning Readiness Self-Assessment (DLRSA) programs provide academic courses that prepare you for college placement exams. It’s easier to take the steps to move forward knowing you’re prepared.
You’ve come to a checkpoint: It’s time to decide what you’re going to do after you separate or retire. Transitioning from tactical to practical can be a daunting task, but the OASC, CPST, and DLRSA can help you prepare. These programs evaluate the skills you learned in the military, help you improve any weak areas that are identified, and allow you to build on your strengths.
- OASC is aligned to military standardized tests to help Service members score well and succeed in advanced schooling. The course includes two diagnostic tests, 71 lessons, and nine sections of practice questions. After completion, two post assessments are given to help establish your level of completed knowledge for the class.
- CPST is paired with the most common placement tests, Accuplacer and COMPASS. The course includes four diagnostic tests, over 100 lessons, and three practice tests in each of the following subjects: writing, reading comprehension, grammar, algebra, and college-level math.
- DLRSA can help you decide the best way to achieve your education. Although distance learning offers flexibility, other factors should be considered when deciding to take this path. The DLRSA tool provides an accurate assessment of the strengths and weaknesses that might affect your success when taking distance-learning classes.
Visit the DANTES website for more details.
Watch these videos to learn more.
- What are OASC and CPST?
- Make the Most of Distance Learning
Latest posts by Michelle Alexander (see all)
- SOC DNS Student Agreements ~ A Win-Win for Military - May 23, 2017
- Looking for a better grade? DoD’s Tutoring Services can help - December 27, 2016
- Why is Credentialing Important? - November 21, 2016